A great opportunity has just opened up in one of the most established eye care practices in Delaware.
We are seeking an Ophthalmic Technician to assist the physician directly by performing the clinical tasks and technical functions designated by the physician and clinical supervisor to ensure proper professional diagnosis, increased patient confidence, and complete patient understanding of all treatments rendered.
- Must be extremely organized
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to express a caring attitude while performing the tasks required with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ophthalmic tech experience or experience in an Ophthalmology practice is a plus
- Experience or the ability to perform IOL calculations is a HUGE plus+
- Ability to perform A and B scans is a plus
- Perform patient work-up: medical history and diagnostic testing in preparation for evaluation by doctor with appropriate supporting documentation
- Assist doctor at all stages of patient care and education
- Ensure patient understands doctor’s diagnosis, treatment, and instruction
- Have knowledge of medications, ocular anatomy and physiology, disease, and procedures
- Assist with instrument set-up, procedures, proper waste disposal, instrument cleaning, and autoclaving
- Instruct patients, administer test, and answer patient questions
Salary & Benefits:
$14 – $20 per hour depending on experience + Benefits Package
if you are interested in this opportunity, please fill out our online application below.