Our Ophthalmology practice is a leading regional provider of glaucoma and cataract surgical services. We are looking for an Experienced Medical Practice Executive Director / CEO to refine current operations and prepare for future expansion. Ideal candidate will have a strong leadership, financial management, planning and communication skills.
- Broad Charter: Refine and polish operations as needed. Responsible for day-to-day operations.
- Budget and Performance Forecasting
- Profitability Review and Enhancement: Develops, with each manager and doctor, individual volume performance and/or profitability and/or cost-center goals and means of achieving these goals.
- Ongoing Market Assessment: Maintains ongoing contacts with the practice’s source of patients and with payers and institutions in the region.
- Planning and Development: At least annually revises the practice’s strategic and business operations plan.
- Supervisory Authority: Supervises, evaluates and rewards/reprimands the work product of all lay staff in the practice;
- Recruitment: Involved in physician and staff recruitment activities.
- Human resources management: Directly supervises and delegates benefits administration, hiring/firing processes, and the general development of all managers and employees.
- Operations Documentation: Coordinates the preparation, maintenance and periodic revisions of a practice operations manual.
- Clinical and Business Practices Oversight: Coordinates with MP and outside advisory resources to conduct risk management.
- Other duties as required…Includes: Oversight of Compliance Officer, manages facilities leases and renovation projects, oversight of IT services including outsourced or in-house personnel, and any additional duties or projects assigned by the Partners.
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid financial management and planning skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience managing a multi-doctor/multi-location practice
- Prior experience with expansion and growth is a plus
- Prior experience with ASC management is a plus