A prestigious Eye Surgery group is looking to hire a full time Medical Biller / Pre-certification Specialist.
Short Job description:
To work on our team of three specialists to pre-certify and authorize Optometry Vision billing and claims, Medical Ophthalmology billing and claims, and Ambulatory Eye Care facility, Surgical and Diagnostic testing billing.
- Minimum of 2 years of health care insurance billing experience
- Significant computer knowledge in various practice management systems
- Must be pleasant and polite and professional at all times.
- High level of detail accuracy
- Minimum of either – 1 year of vision care claims experience or – 1 year of facility billing experience
- Accounting knowledge/skills is a plus++
- Experience in New Jersey based insurance companies a plus++
- Pre-certification of health insurance benefits for exams, procedures, surgery, and facility fees for high volume out patient eye care ambulatory surgical facility and eye care practice.
- Calculate, process and collect out of pocket fees, with cash, checks, credit cards and care credit transactions.
- Daily patient interaction by phone and in person
- Coordination with surgical department, front office and surgical coordinators for 14 different surgeons.
Work hours: Monday — Friday 8 am — 4:30 pm
If you are interested in this job, please fill out the application below.