You will be responsible for managing the clinical department; ensuring that all patient testing is appropriately scheduled, performed and documented; overseeing the informed consent process and internal patient education; directing the Quality Assurance and Disease Entity Management programs for the practice; and performing quarterly chart audits and communicating recommendations for change.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified ophthalmic medical technologist or licensed optometrist.
- A minimum of ten years experience in an ophthalmic practice.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong teaching skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Management of Technicians
- Hire, perform orientation, and provide disciplinary action of clinical staff.
- Review testing procedures, test scheduling and documentation.
- Provide or arrange for ongoing training for clinical staff.
- Provide or arrange for competency testing of clinical staff.
- Maintain quarterly continuing education program.
- Ensure scheduling and performance of proper maintenance and calibration of all ophthalmic equipment.
- Develop daily/weekly work schedules for the clinical staff.
- Report to Medical Director
- Quality Assurance
- Implement internal chart review program.
- Provide continuing education resources to those that fall outside practice standards.
- Implement and manage quality control including but not limited to:
- Program Implementation
- Implement disease entity management program.
- Oversee patient education (internal).
- Oversee community outreach program.
- Oversee all internal and external marketing initiatives.
- Troubleshoot any problems that arise at any time prior to surgery.
- Establish and maintain payment for non-covered and self-pay services with practice administrator and medical director.
- Follow through on outcomes of medical emergencies; recommends processes for change as applicable.
- Mediate any disputes among clinical employees.
- Attend monthly management meetings.
- Provide support to practice administrator in his or her absence.