Great Career Opportunity for an experienced, Spanish speaking, Medical Receptionist who is interested in being cross trained as an Ophthalmic Technician/Assistant at a well-established boutique Ophthalmology practice in Queens, NY.
We are seeking a personable, punctual, highly energetic individual who is able to assist with patient flow. Candidate must work with enthusiasm in a leading practice with the goal of helping our patients achieve excellent outcomes for the care they seek.
Successful candidates will possess the following essential attributes:
- Great writing and verbal communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills with ability to interact with patients and work with physicians, management, and staff
- Pleasant demeanor
- Strong organizationals skills
- Detail oriented, success driven approach to role.
- Ability to act independently and use good judgment
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Multi tasker
Front desk duties include:
- Answering phones
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Data entry
- Preparing and filing charts
- Verifying insurance
- Miscellaneous clerical work
Technician Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Patient work up
- Work with EMR
- Fundus photos
- Visual Field testing
- OCT testing
We offer competitive salary and ready to hire immediately. Certification and/or experience preferred but willing to train the right individual. Must speak Spanish.